One of the fun things about blogs – is that they can be a stream of consciousness thing. A record of what you thought you were going to do at the time – amusing when you look back to see what you actually did!
So for the record- before we move into the new house: this is what I want to change!
The Definitely Needs Changing List
- We need to do some maintenance on the leaking windows ASAP.
- The separate Kitchen – I can’t stand separate kitchens – that wall has GOT to go!
- The bathroom – no separate WC and a loo right in front of the door! The solution is I think to use part of the over-large laundry as a separate WC, and re-aarrange the bathroom by removing the bath, putting a large walk-in shower where the bath is, and tucking the WC where the vanity is now.
- What no bath? Well I can’t live without a bath – unless we replace this corner with a deck and a spa…
The Almost Certainly Needs Changing List
- Needs a waste disposal
- Needs a dishwasher
- Needs floors which don’t feature chipboard
- Needs a a living room cathedral ceiling design which does not feature fake beams.
Less Certain – But Worth Thinking About
- Re-purpose the second external garage into a sleep-out/study/guest bed.
- New steps and decking up the backyard
- Double glazing on the south side of the house (at least).